Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Star Trek: The Next Generation Rewatch



Today at 4pm Space is showing the very first episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I hope they are planning to cycle through the entire series, because I plan on watching every single episode. And I also plan on and sharing my thoughts on the episodes here.

I'll be honest and say that I'm not entirely sure why I am doing this. I'm completely confident that I've seen every episode, mostly from their original airings and then again though repeat viewings in syndication. I know most episodes name, and then often by a nickname (The One Where They Run) or a line from the show ("I have to find you.... to tell you!"). I have thoughts, views and opinions on the show and episodes which aren't likely to change. I know which episodes are my favourites and which ones I would pass one; what ideas I find scary and the ideas that shifting my thinking. I know which characters I love when they are focused on, and memorable guest stars that I may always know the best from their role on Star Trek: THe Next Generation. But even given all of that, and how well I think I know the shows, I still feel compelled to re-watch them all and to share the experience.

Since I feel compelled to do it, I'm going to do it. Call it a gut feeling and with that I'm going to let the gut take me there. It's a show I love and I haven't watched it for years, so why not now? I'm not entirely sure what sharing the re-watch will look like, although a post per episode feels logical and I'm hoping to find a good spot for images from the show I can use.

Thanks for reading and if feel free to read along, play along and stop by to check in and seeing how it all shapes up. I'll be sharing thoughts on the show here at the site as well at checking in with GetGlue. Thanks to Space for airing it from the beginning & inspiring this journey. I wonder where it will go. Of course that line reminds me of the episode where they want Geordi to "Make it go". Ah, random aliens. Gotta love 'em.

See my reflections along the way by season:


No comments: