Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Time Capsule: October 2014



Hello Everyone!

I've been away from blogging in real sense on blogging for quite some time, but recently I've been feeling the call to come back to it. After several days pondering "What should I blog about?", I decided to go with a time capsule post. I always enjoy reading people's time capsules, and I consider every blog post in a way to be a time capsule so why not go with an intentional one to get the ball rolling. Feel free to join in and do a time capsule for you too!

1. What are you reading?

I am reading Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald. It's one of the 400+ titles on the Shannon Reads "Those Books" list (see intro to "Those Books" here), and I started the book back in August as a part of a readalong. I'm very surprized to not be finished it yet, but one of the odd challenges I faced was that I've become so accustomed to reading eBook that reading a tree book is hard. That feels so silly, but it's true. I'm determined to finish the book by the end of the month.

2. What are you watching?

Film-wise, I most recently watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower, a book that I absolutely loved when I read it back in 2012 for the Book to Film Club. I really enjoyed the film version, the cast was spot on especially Logan Lerman as emotional and sensitive Charlie. There were a few things that I wish had more emphasis, but I understand why they went with the story they did. On the small screen, I'm trying my best to keep up with so many new and returning shows which are coming out at a crazy pace. Of the new shows, I'm enjoying Scorpion, Forever, #Selfie and Gracepoint which have all impressed me enough to keep watching. I've not been as drawn to the returning shows but Arrow S3 and The Voice S7 (with new coaches Gwen Stefani & Pharrell Williams) still have me totally hooked.

3. What are you listening to?

I'm a little stumped by this one, as nothing is especially on a re-play at nauseum level. This is probably because I am trying to fix my iTunes library which at some point duplicated most, but not all, of my music and the duplicates aren't playable. That made me create a playlist that I call "works", because it is the copies that work. From that I've been listening to anything from The Everly Brothers to The Beastie Boys. I can tell this is a fix-it project that will take quite a while.

4. What are you loving?

Keeping the musical theme, I am loving the To Wander and Wonder channel over at Songza. It feels like music I already love, although I don't know any of the songs. What a gift. I am also continuing to love my new phone, and those are connected because I was listening to Songza on my phone when I found the playlist!

5. What are you wearing?

My awesome new Old Navy purchases, and right now that is a Women's Lightweight Zip-Front Hoodie in Fan the Flames (AKA bright orange, or orange-red, see picture). Although I don't considered a hoodie a hoodie unless it's fleecy inside this one is still awesome. Maybe that's only old school "hooded sweatshirts".

6. What are you creating?

I have lots of projects in my head, but in terms of actual creating stuff I did some drawing on the weekend of Hydrangeas. They are such pretty (and small) flowers.

7. What are you looking forward to?

Going to visit my Auntie Laima with Jamie! We are going to have so much fun with fabric and all kinds of crafty artsy goodness. I can't wait!

That's life right now!



2 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Yay!!! Welcome back PlanetShannon and what a great post! Oh dear, that iTunes issue sounds so frustrating. I really want to see that Wallflowers movie. So glad you are working on great projects, got some shopping in and are going on an adventure soon. I'll see you there!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Yes, welcome back!! I love a good time capsule. :) It was so great to check in and get a sense of "now at PlanetShannon"! In fact, you're inspiring me to do one too!

Wow, iTunes really sounds so very frustrating. I hope that gets sorted soon and am so glad that some of the songs "work". Were the Everly Brothers on a soundtrack?

So excited about going to Auntie Laima's!!